Over 100,000 motorists currently use this segment of C-470 each day with volumes projected to increase 40 percent by 2035. The C-470 Express Lanes Project brings critically important benefits to the economy, the environment and quality of life by leveraging resources from partners across the south metro area.
Project goals include:
- Adding two express lanes to westbound C-470 from I-25 to Colorado Boulevard, and one express lane westbound from Colorado Boulevard to Wadsworth
- Adding one express lane eastbound from Wadsworth to I-25
- Full reconstruction of a portion of the existing pavement
- Improving portions of on- and off-ramps to current standards (including ramp metering where appropriate)
- Realigning substandard curves
- Safety and operational improvements between I-25 and Quebec via direct-connect ramps from I-25 to the westbound C-470 express lanes
- Widening of existing bridges throughout the project area
- Replacing the bridges over the South Platte River
- Installing water-quality features where required
- Installing noise barriers where required
- Installing Intelligent Transportation Systems elements and tolling equipment
- Adding grade separations for the multi-use trail at Quebec and Colorado
The public information approach on this project is to provide the foundation and guidelines for two-way communications of project information with the stakeholders while meetings CDOT’s and the project’s goal of minimizing impacts to the public. It is tailored to the needs of the project and stakeholders and centers on proactively engaging, informing and responding to the community and commuter concerns and issues.