Communities along the North I-25 corridor are expanding rapidly, contributing to major economic growth in northern Colorado. The North I-25 Express Lanes: Johnstown to Fort Collins brings critically important benefits to the economy, the environment and quality of life by leveraging resources from partners across northern Colorado. Benefits include:
- Increasing highway capacity by adding an Express Lane in both directions
- Improving safety by reducing accidents and fatalities
- Increasing travel times and trip reliability
- Improving freight efficiency and travel choices
- Increasing bike, pedestrian and transit connectivity
- Reconstructing aging and obsolete infrastructure
- Employing congestion management and safety technology
The public information approach on this project is to provide the foundation and guidelines for two-way communications of project information with the stakeholders while meetings CDOT’s and the project’s goal of minimizing impacts to the public. It is tailored to the needs of the project and stakeholders and centers on proactively engaging, informing and responding to the community and commuter concerns and issues.
Crews have now completed a large portion of new roadway development and paving, including a new bridge for the northbound I-25 lanes over Big Thompson River.